Demonware, Shanghai, China, Sep 2017–Present
Pr. Software Engineer
- Developing backend service for global game titles like Call of Duty.
Sunway Fund, Shanghai, China, Jul 2016–Aug 2017
Partner, Full-Stack Developer
- Maintain the IT infrastructure and the software stack: CI/CD, security, monitoring, alerting.
- Market data retrieval, cleansing and processing from futures exchanges in China using the CTP API.
- Develop event-driven trading engine for CTA strategies with order/transaction/position management support.
- Develop web apps for market data visualization and tick by tick backtesting.
Douban Inc., Beijing, China, Jul 2013–May 2016
Sr. Systems Engineer, formerly Back-End Web Developer
Developed and Maintain Distributed Cache Infrastructure
- Responsible for the distributed cache infra in Douban Inc. Improved it to a low-latency and high-reliability state.
- Designed and implemented libmc, which is the most lightweight and fastest Memcached client library for Python.
- Improved the route algorithm of the cache cluster. Scale the cluster, migrate nodes, deploy and upgrade softwares.
- Improved the monitor and alert of the whole caching facility. Implemented automated tools for SA.
- Worked together with product engineers to cache friendly and e iciently.
- Oncall and troubleshooting online systems when in emergency.
Developed Douban FM (douban.fm)
- Developed Douban FM, mainly focus on perf tuning, audio le management and delivery.
- Designed and developed Anti-spam strategies on play-counting service for Douban Artist.
- Developed deduplication service among millions of songs using audio ngerprinting technique.
- Implemented a recommendation algorithm using content-based audio features, ranking top 5% among all recommendation algorithms (prior weight).
Douban Inc. Beijing, China, Jun 2012–Dec 2012
Back-End Web Developer Intern
- Extracted a variety of audio features using open-source audio feature extractors, tried to combine them with existed recommendation system for Douban FM.
- Developed a content-based music classification algorithm for the High / Easy MHz in Douban FM.
Taobao Inc. Hangzhou, China, Jan 2012–Mar 2012
R&D Engineer Intern
- Developed a web app for BPMN (Business Process Model and Notation) visualization.
Open Source Contributions
- libmc: A Fast and light-weight memcached client for C++, Python and Golang. I’m the principal developer.
- Yaafe: An audio feature extractor in C++ and Python. I Fixed some Mem leaks and added slicing support.
- AcousticBrainz: Promoted the cooperation between Douban Inc. and MTG-UPF, and contributed all content-based audio features computed in Douban Inc. to the AcousticBrainz project using my spare time.
- CVE-2014-9497: A security vulnerability I reported to the mpg123 software.
- SEE ALSO My GitHub: TA-Lib, DPark, greenify, anyconnect-virtual-router.
- Knowledge domain: Caching, Network programming, Memory Manangement, Performance analysis.
- Things I like: Vim, Git, Ansible, CMake, Docker, Packer, Sentry, Memcached, Redis.
Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou, China, 2009–2013
- B.Eng. in Software Engineering